Training & Education
The Training department at Oakland Community Health Network (OCHN) is responsible for providing training and education about mental health, substance use disorders, and intellectual /developmental disabilities to our community, individuals we serve, providers, partner organizations, and professionals. We offer several training opportunities such as:
- Required trainings for network providers, staff, direct support professionals, and more (updated 10/2022)
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Training
- Mental Health First Aid
- Provider specific trainings
- Suicide Prevention (safeTALK and A.S.I.S.T.)
- Trainings for individuals served, their families, and advocates
- And more! Click here to read training descriptions.
For more information or if you would like to host a training at your organization, contact us or call 248-858-1795.
Direct Support Professional Training
If you are a direct support professional employed at an OCHN provider, you are required to complete a specific curriculum of trainings. These trainings are offered through MORC, Inc. You can find their contact information below to register for training.
We may accept trainings from other counties / CMHSPs / PIHPs who are vetted or in the process of being vetting through the State Training Guidelines Workgroup. Providers can contact the Director of Training directly regarding these matters.