The Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR) registration is limited to Peer Recovery Coaches (those in recovery from a Substance Use Disorder). This is a required training for programs providing Peer Support Services.
Trainers: Kevin McLaughlin and Clyde Sims Jr.
Credits: 32 MCBAP Credits
Highlights of the Program:
• Learn roles and functions of a Recovery Coach
• Understand components, core values, and guiding principles of recovery
• Build skills to enhance relationships
• Discuss co-occurring disorders and medication-assisted recovery
• Describe stages of change and their applications
• Address ethical issues
• Experience wellness planning
• Practice newly acquired skills
Please note this is a five-day training. Participants must complete all days to receive credit.
Registration and breakfast are from 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. each day of training. Please do not arrive prior to 8:30 a.m.
Non-OCHN coaches that will bill Medicaid must take the full 5-day Michigan Department of Health & Human Services Peer Recovery Coach Training and Certification. CCAR is optional for non-OCHN coaches.